Friday 1 February 2013

New Job in the Heart of Africa

I don't know why I haven't posted about this, probably because I have been busy preparing for my next African adventure. I am off to a country that I have not been to and not many tourists either. I am off to the Heart of Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo with my new job. I am going to be a bonobo researcher for 9 months.
After flying into the country I take a small plane into the interior then hike 25km across savanna, swamp, rivers and rainforest to reach a remote camp in the middle of the dense rain forest. One there I will not leave the rainforest for 9 months.
I found out just days ago and leave in 2 weeks so its all rush. For those who dont know what a bonobo is think pygmy chimpanzee and you get the idea.

A bonobo

No comments:

Post a Comment